- A man and a woman marry because both of them don't know what to do with themselves.
- Anton Chekhov
- The right man is the one that seizes the moment.
- Johann von Goethe
- A man should be taller, older, heavier, uglier and hoarser than his wife.
- Edgar Watson Howe
- Be a philosopher but, amid all your philosophy be still a man.
- David Hume
- To be perfect as a woman does not mean to be like a man.
- Pope John Paul II
- Every man has, some time in his life, an ambition to be a wag.
- Samuel Johnson
- The man who would be king.
- Rudyard Kipling
- This Be The Verse
Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don't have any kids yourself.
- Philip Larkin
- My Fair Lady "A Hymn to Him"
Why can't a woman be more like a man?
Men are so honest, so thoroughly square;
Eternally noble, historically fair;
Who, when you win, will always give your back a pat.
Why can't a woman be like that?
- Alan Jay Lerner
A man is only as old as the woman he feels.
- Groucho Marx
A man is a wolf rather than a man to another man, when he hasn't yet found out what he's like.
- Every man in the world is better than someone else. And not as good as some one else.
- William Saroyan
- A True Widow
Every man loves what he is good at.
- Thomas Shadwell
- A man isn't a man until he has to meet a payroll.
- Ivan Shaffer
Mens Quotes Page 13